Crochet Cat Curtain

We live in an little old mansion and are renovating for quite a while now. Finally the renovating of the kitchen will be coming to an end soon. We moved the kitchen to the souterrain. The kitchen is much larger now and you can enter the garden from the kitchen, which is a big pro, I think. Actually it's all pro's, except for one thing: there's a window through which every person who is passing our house can see us in our kitchen eating, cooking, watching tv and such. 

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like it at all to be in full sight. My husband will make shutters for the window, but has to do a lot of other jobs around the kitchen, so the shutters are somewhere in the lower regions of his to do list. For the time being I made this curtain in a frame, to stand behind the window. 

The cat has the same posture as my cat Sjakie, who died two years ago. It's like the cat is watching over us and that's just what Sjakie saw as his most important task in his cat life, just like a dog (actually I wouldn't be suprised if he saw himself as a dog; he loved to return things you threw away, too). 
Today is his day of death. May sound stupid in not-a-cat-persons' ears, but I still miss him, my little great friend.  



With our girl friend Dolly.




Sjakie

www.betweennapsontheporch.net

Comments

  1. Oh no, I am not a cat person but you love the little bundles of fur so it's definitely not stupid! I love the cat window screen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love anything to do with kitties! such cuties you have, and great idea with the curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really good idea. It helps provide some privacy while still allowing light through, plus can be repurposed when the shutters are installed. I totally understand about missing your furry friend. Hugs to you :)

    Tricia
    http://designandcanines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! Did you do that with Filet Crochet? Did you make the pattern yourself. I am very impressed! Thank you for linking it up to Snickerdoodle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's filet crochet, indeed. Thanks for your nice comment!!

      Delete
  5. This is really pretty and unique. And I love cats. Just cant be around them due to allergies. Wish I had a cat sitting around my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's too bad, a cat is such great company! Thanks for visiting and leaving such a nice comment!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful curtain, Liz...you are so talented to crochet it! I crocheted one a long, long time ago, don't remember a lot about it now other than it had birds in the design. I loaned it to a friend who needed one for the window to her back door and unfortunately, she never gave it back. I know how you feel, I still think about my Max that went to kitty heaven last summer. I miss him terribly. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your really sweet comment, Susan! I hope you will get your own curtain back, some day.
      I read your blog for a long time, so I also read about Max last summer. Such a painful event when your best furry friend has to leave. I have had cats before, but this one was special. Never could have believed a cat could leave such an empty space. I think Max was like my own cat: a real personality.

      Delete
  7. That's lovely Liz so unusual :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag